Old 09-11-2009, 06:45 PM
gaigai
Banned

Hi Admin,

Well, I think the PDA is working better than I thought it would. And yes, people are posting stuff there that might normally be in the pictures or main section. I have done that. But in my case at least, I wanted the opinion on a WIP of just a few people, the friends I am closest to, and NOT the opinion of everyone on the board. Perhaps that is why others are doing the same thing. I'll still post finished photos in the appropriate section, or if I want an opinion or answer from the whole forum on something, I'll post to the main section.

Another reason people may be posting in PDA's is that the moderator(s) have deleted their posts from the GCC. This has happened to at least one person that I know of, one who posts stories with lots of photos, and she has gotten discouraged about posting, because the deletions seem arbitrary, and it's a lot of work to post something with lots of photos. And this person is one whom everyone seems to enjoy reading.

If you want to change the rules of the GCC back, my vote would be fine, but please don't do away with the PDA, and also don't expect that there still won't be posts there that you believe should be in Main or Photos. If they weren't put there in the first place, it means the poster didn't WANT them there.

As far as the kind of posts in GCC, again, I would create a folder just for "Jokes", even though I know that you don't want any more folders! LOL. And as far as the negative, I never noticed that there were "too many", that was YOUR perception, one I never shared. As for off-color, well, that is working out very well in the PDA, where we can be as inappropriate and risque as we want, and no one complains. If they don't like it, they just don't come back.

Just my never-to-be-humble opinion! With it and five bucks you can get a cup of coffee!