Old 09-11-2009, 09:16 PM
amma
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
being the troublemaker that i am, i'd like to know exactly what constitutes a 'dirty' joke? can anyone actually tell me?

if a joke contains no foul language or nekkid pictures, what makes it dirty?
i saw a joke posted not long ago about a woman in a rowboat. it contained humor that bordered on sexual harrassment, which i find disgusting, yet no one seemed offended by it.

so where is the line drawn? and by whom? this will bring us back to the original issue that gave us pda's. now the pda users are saying that they like it because they can be raunchy over there? what's wrong with this picture?

i hope this is still going tomorrow. right now i need zzz's.
I don't think that much goes on in the PDA's that is raunchier than what is allowed in the GCC section now. It just can be an ongoing teasing/joking that can take up several pages before it burns out.... a single joke in the GCC may look differently, than one carried on longer in a PDA thread.
I think this goes back to what the original objection was to jokes in GCC, there has to be a certain standard of "jokes" that are not offensive...the reasons were stated and discussed on that thread in great detail, and are still in effect for that section.
I can choose not to open any jokes in the GCC section, or take a chance it may be offensive to me and not anyone else...
A suggestion might be that each of these threads should start out with Joke: and then the rest of the subject title...then there would be no question about what you are opening...if they don't start out that way...they are deleted.