Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Helen S

I recently purchased a Brother Project Runway...hmmm...80 stitch?...after my 15 year old Pfaff died...really died! lol I used it so much it gave up the ghost and Pfaff does not make replacement parts!!! THAT was quite a surprise given what those machines cost! I'm very sad to have lost it, and I DESPISE the inexpensive Brother machine I bought. I keep telling myself it will get better and I'll get used to it, but after about three months of constant use, I must admit, I still despise it. I should have returned it right away.

It's much too lightweight so I have to keep shifting it back into position. The presser feet on it are not user friendly in that most of them simply have one center hole, so if you do not have the stitch set properly the needle will bang against the foot, then the machine stops. Of course, you've now, again, ruined your needle, AND have a dent in your foot. I have no idea if the feet are interchangeable, but I do know that the Brother and Pfaff feet are not interchangeable. I had favorite feet on my Pfaff and cannot use them on the Brother.

Anyway, I'm thinking about selling it and digging deep again for a better machine. I sew way too much and have too little patience to put up with inferior products. Yep, you get what you pay for. =(