Thread: mother board
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:27 AM
lorna1

I cannot tell you how glad I am to see these posts about motherboard problems. I have a Janome 11000 (two years old) and an SE11000 (one year old) about four months ago the first mb went in my SE, within two weeks the one in my 11000 went. I took them both in to my dealer and both were replaced under warranty. When I got the machines back one would no longer bobbin wind and the other always thought the bobbin was empty, inconvenient. Then just a couple of months after that, the SE blew another motherboard. They are refusing to cover the second mb under warranty stating that it must be a problem with the wiring/power in my house. I have all of my machines on surge suppressors, and I have two sergers, a Janome HD machine, and a computer in that same room on the same surge supressors, none of them experiencing any problems. The cost to replace this motherboard again is $800!!! For a machine that was one year old in February and that has so far, now, spent four months in the service shop. Thank you for giving me information to go back to the dealer with to hopefully fight to have this fixed properly!