Old 09-12-2009, 10:05 AM
butterflywing

Rhonda said:

"I have posted pics that my friends would be interested in and if I think everyone else would be interested then I have posted on the main part".

first, i want to thank rhonda for sharing her work with everyone nd offering tips to the membership. as well as tools. imho, she is using pda the way i think it was supposed to work: personal talks with friends and sharing with quilt items. i don't think pda was designed to with- hold pictures of quilts. i thought it was supposed to enable sharing of feelings with other like-minded people while at the same time sharing quilty things with the membership at large. talking 'over-the-fence with your next-door-neighbors' doesn't preclude talking to the guy across the street, does it?
i don't happen to want to share my innermost thoughts. that doesn't mean i can't have friends down the block that also talk to their next door neighbors. i feel that the pda's have allowed people to become insular to the point that they no longer feel they are part of a larger membership.
there certainly are exceptions, but i'm just starting to hear more and more about others who are starting to live there. if they chat there, and they show there, and they tell their own jokes there, why do they belong to a forum? no disrespect intended, i just feel like they've moved out , and taken their furniture with them.
i agree with amma. perhaps jokes can just be identified as such, and read them if you want to. if not, don't. i pass on links because i don't want to read them. other people love them it poses no problems for me.

whew! i'm out of breath! :mrgreen: