Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Interesting -

I have not received a PM from anyone trying to "recruit" me for anything.

I thought the jokes, etc. on GCC were on the "proper" side lately. I think it's a lot more "bland" now, but nothing terribly wrong with unsalted oatmeal for breakfast. A little of that is very filling.

I really like GCC and the Ads/Wanted and that's where I go first. The Word Association game is one of my favorite things.

I like the pictures, but after about 20 pages of "it's wonderful," I feel that it's really redundant to add another "it's wonderful" - much as I would like to hear "it's wonderful" about anything I might do.

I do like the idea of adding a note saying WHY a thread is locked.

I took my Dear Jane thing to the PDA because I wanted more control over it than I felt I had when I had started something similar in Main. I was talking about trying to do something in an old-fashioned way, and someone told me that software is available. That was NOT the point of that post. (By the way, whoever you were, I believe you were trying to be helpful )

And it was probably going to be an ongoing thing for a while and I felt that it would be thought to be inappropriate to keep coming back to it on Main.

I do understand about wanting to maintain a "clean" image.

For some of us, the death or illness of a pet is a major big deal. I understand that for many people, they could not possibly care less. So if it can't be in GCC, I'm grateful that it can be posted in PDA. Or when the first tomato ripens. Or when someone finally gets unconstipated. For some people, these are big issues/events. But not everyone really cares at all about them.

In Jamie/Morgan's case, I think PDA is perfect - it's ongoing, it's personal, support and prayers can be offered.

I do not think it is possible to totally avoid "downer" things - although I do think there is a difference between something being a "downer" and something being "negative." Although that's a close judgement call.

I am guessing that of the x number of registered users, maybe no more than 20% are currently active users? I would guess that somewhere in the statistics generator that could be figured out.

Have the so-called troublemakers been contacted and asked/demanded to
"behave"?

Again, I really had no clue that there were issues. I've been happy that this has been here - I use what I want of it, and ignore the rest.