View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Tartan
Power Poster

My perennial garden is getting to look better as I am fixing it a section at a time. The grass was creeping in and some needed dividing and others were not doing well. I suggest you do the first section where you see it from the house first. It will give you a little boost to look out and see it doing well and the motivation to tackle the rest. Keep your eye out this spring for end of planting season clearance too. When garden centers are closing down for the summer, you can get some perennials at rock bottom prices. My perennial favourites are stargazer lillies, peony, hollyhock, hosta, poppy, shasta daisy, iris because they do well for me with no maintainance. I have spring pops of colours with tulips, lilly of the valley, star of Bethleham, grape hyacith and daffodils. I also like ground covers of snow on the mountain and perriwinkle for the shady spots with some native plants like jack in the pulpit and mayflowers. I must admit spring came a little early for me this year and I barely got my rose garden trimmed back in time.