View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Eddie

Thanks for all the condolences, LOL. I really do feel quite lost without my machine now. :( It was still DOA this morning, even after unplugging, cleaning and reassembling the bobbin area, etc. Just gives me that blasted "F01" error on the display and beeps like crazy. So I took it on in to the local dealer, and the guy at the counter said it would be about a week. I don't think he was the "fix it" guy there, just one of the dozen or so people that work in the store. I did, however, talk with Joe (who IS the fix it guy), and he said he'd have a look at it, but he didn't think it was the circuitboard - he said he can't remember how long it's been since he had one in there with an actual circuitboard problem, but that it's been a loooong time. So maybe it's nothing major. Either way, should be covered by warranty since it's only 4 months old.

Someone asked what type machine it is - it's a Brother Innovis NX-650 Quilter's Club machine, which I really do love. Wide throat, large sewing platform, etc., so was specifically made for quilters.

And I'm not totally machineless - we bought my oldest daughter a new sewing machine for her birthday back in May and it's down here in the sewing room as well. It's a lower end Brother, I think we paid right at $300 for it, so it's not a cheapy, but then again, I was really used to my better machine. My wife offered the use of her Brother embroidery machine for sewing, but that thing is so huge it would be like driving a tank, LOL.

I was thinking today that I have like 3-4 quilt kits that I've bought over the last few months, so I think I'll spend this week cutting them out. I also have a couple of quilts I've been wanting to start on, so will also get cutting on those ones. So me and my rotary cutter are going to be doing a lot of cutting this week. I WILL stay productive! :D