View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:04 AM
May in Jersey

Default DH thinks I'm hearing things

We have cable TV and in recent months the picture and sound have deteriorated. We called them a few weeks ago because the picture was really dark and they zapped our box and we now have a very bright and clear picture. Can't say the same for the sound, have called them several times and they zapped us again and then replaced our cable box. Everything is OK for a few days but slowly the loud sounds return.

Most times the voices sound clear and there is a light buzzing sound in the background. This tends to get louder with different scenes, especailly outdoor ones when it sounds like an old movie projector running in the background. Thought it might be our TV but when I click on the mute all sound is gone, so the TV isn't buzzing. Since my DH says he doesn't hear any of this I thought I'd ask if any of you experienced this? I know my hearing isn't what it used to be but could it be that it has gotten stronger? Maybe I'll soon be hearing sounds only dogs can hear? Only problem I can't run like a dog any longer. LOL!