Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
DH thinks I'm hearing things >

DH thinks I'm hearing things

DH thinks I'm hearing things

Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM

DH works on radios and chuckled because he has run across the same scenario as you. Says it is the capacitors in the high voltage power supply of your TV. Says one of ours does it sometimes. At least it is repairable. Most of the concerns we think are wierd or haunted are really a weak component. Good luck.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

my computer picks up someone on short wave radio. talk, talk, talk. Makes me crazy!! I can't mute him.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM

I hate COMCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Hubby and I went with DirectV a few years ago. Except when we have very heavy rain storms we have had no problems. We did have Comcast but the underground cable runs under our dirt lane and the dirt lane next door where heavy duty and semis live in the back of our lane. The trucks would drive the gravel into the lines and mess up our reception. We must have five lines to our house and the last is as thick as your thumb!! We would have good reception for about a month and then things would get snowy. Finally had to do away with the cable and go with satelite system.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:26 AM

SUCCESS AT LAST, or so I hope. Finally convinced DH that we needed to have a Comcast serviceman come to our home to check out our sound problem. He arrived a short while ago and with one look, or should I say listen, he diagnosed our problem. Seems we were controlling the volumn through the cable box and not the TV, or the other way around. Anyway, he reset our remote and everything should be fine now. I don't have time to watch and listen to the TV today but will check it out fully tonight and over the next few days.

Thanks to all who had suggestions, it seems there are so many different problems with TV reception and, hopefully, there ae solutions for them all. May in Jersey
Old 05-11-2012, 06:09 AM

Never have had a problem with Direct TV. I have moved several times and they make it easy and they are always on time.
One thing to know. The new tvs, Ive heard, are made to last for 5 yrs so I do not leave mine on when not in use. My dauther leaves hers on for music all day. So waiting to see how long hers holds up.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Oh i hope he fixed your problem for you. My hubby turns the volume up on the C omcast remote and then the t.v. remote too!! it is blasting!! but then, he has problems hearing due to a roaring in his ears. I watch t.v. downstairs!