View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 AM
romanojg

I don't have completed projects but what I do is have raq squares cut, quilted and ready to be put together. I work and it seems that when one has a baby then someone else does as well. I buy flannel and use my Accuquilt to cut the blocks and then sew the X in the middle and around the outer edge so that batting stays in place and put them in a large tote. Then when I need a fast gift for a baby or what ever I go thru them and pull out ones good for boy/girl whichever is needed and have a quilt put together in no time. I don't have a lot of time either so this is one way I can give a homemade gift without stressing. I also did this when my grandson went to kindergarden and needed a towel to sleep on. I got permissions from the teacher to make him one the size of a beach towel then embrodieried his name, the school and the year on it. He was so proud of it, especially seeing his name on it. The other nice thing about making this for him to nap on is since he wasn't allowed to bring a pillow to school I could just put extra batting in the one end so he'd have a built in pillow and not get into trouble.