View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:07 AM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I just rec'd the book from ebay.......have always been curious about it and the price was right....so is there a group here at the board that are "doers" of these blocks? I am not a miniaturist and looking at these intricate patterns is making me wonder why I bought this book.....has anyone enlarged these patterns and then proceeded to make a quilt....I really think that is what I am going to do............just a thought. But I really would like to know of a group of these devotees.
there is a group in the blocks of the month heading - lots of discussion and pictures - I have had the book for several years now, am slowly collecting lots and lots of different FQs of repros that I think will work - it's going to be the first big project when I retire (not all that far away, shudder!) - but I am excited about the challenge - I'm sure you're not the first one to enlarge the patterns - if you read the book, the author Brenda notes that all the blocks in the original quilt weren't even the same size - she just sized them all at 4" for modern quilters who were used to a consistent size. It's a fun quilt, and so you should have fun working on it - enjoy the journey!