View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Larlar

Hi I bought a new Bernina 830 series last June 2011 and it has broken down four times in this short span of time. Each time it goes back to the dealer for weeks on end, it gets repaired and within weeks another symptom appears and it fails to work. I am at my wits end with this machine. It cost £6200. When it works it's a dream but if it throws a wobbler then you have a disfunctional machine. At this price I should not be having to get it repaired so often. I had a Frister Rossmann machine for 30+ years it never broke down and in fact it is still running like a dream only I gave it away to my 9 year old nephew and haven't got the heart to ask for it back ( at least he is getting some pleasure out of it ) So I too am bitterly dissappointed with this machine, I have asked for the machine to be replaced but Bernina have sent a letter to the dealer saying it must be user error ( do they know me ? NO ) I am an experience sewer. I have not asked for my money back I just would love my machine to just work maybe show off and do a straight line.... am I asking for too much I ask myself? I have been on the tution courses provided with the machine infact I had another Bernina the Artista 200 and I went on the 2 day course for that which is very similar in a lot of ways. This was a good machine only I traded it in to have this new upgrade...what a fool I was. My dealer said he would give me more tution omg.....it's a machine that works is what I want not to be made a incompetant idiot. I feel sad, money hard earnt spent on a waste of time machine. Any ideas...? What about Bernina Brand 1st class?????hummm