Old 09-13-2009, 06:53 AM
susiequilt

I have to agree with K3n.
I don't post much and I don't want to take the time to read all 96 or so pda's but I would still like to get to know the people here. I do glance at them more when the subject line indicates something new to show or tell. It was a good thing to make the subject line changeable.

I come here and click the new messages posted and then read the subject line for things that interest me and read those topics.

I love to read most of the jokes but I also have a back button and know how to use it if something is offensive to me.

I don't tend to read about peoples troubles as I have enough of my own.

If I have time I love to look at your pets and grand kids and vacations.

I love to read about your quilts and see pictures of your process and the finished product.
I love to read about your quilting idea, problems and solutions.
To me, this is a quilting board first and the general stuff is secondary as time and inclination allows. I might come here 5 times a day for a quick 10 minute break. I haven't yet tried the chat as I'm not really a chatter and other chat boards move to fast for me anyway.

This board does make me a little nervous as I feel someone is always looking over my shoulder every time I post and I think that the admin and mods need to get a life other than here. I'm sure they think that way to at times! Life is not all sweetness and light and I guess when a board is only all sweetness and light it doesn't reflect real life and is too artificial.
I have seen some topics disappear and could never figure out why and I also have seen some posts stay that I felt were just plain rude. I wondered if it was just the poster and not the post that was the problem.

I feel that if something bothers you that was posted just back out of the thread and don't read it. Learn to use and love that back button. No sense in whining to the admin. She's got enough to do keeping her gorilla clean. We're adults here. Read what you want and reject the other stuff without comment.
Just my humble opinion this morning.
susie