View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:46 PM
sahm4605

I am sorry to bring this bug into the room but you said that its your money and he thinks that it is both of yours. Maybe its time to set up one bank account. I have found that having two accounts can damage a relationship. I and the rest of us don't know the home or financial situation, but maybe its time for the two of you to sit down and have a very frank and loving discussion about your marriage and about the finances and bank accounts. When my hubby and I married our concealer said that no matter who makes the money it is always best to talk about how it is going to be spent and have only one account to keep both parties from feeling like the other has more power or more control in the relationship. and if you think about it when you get married two become one and everything is shared. money, chores, love, work. if you have a "safety net" as one lady in a good relationship but ready to bolt at a moments notice said that she needed to have her safety net to help her if her relationship failed. I told her that unless it was an abusive relationship where he verbably or physically hurt her then maybe she was hoping that it would fail. anyhoo I digress. I say talk to your hubby, not specifically about the purchase but about the separation of the money. and why you feel that it is just your money and not his too. hope this helps.