View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Geri B

Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
I am a member of a local BOM group and we are doing a DJ in either the original size or a 9". I think our teacher uses the EQ software for the larger block too. I wonder if you could take the pages in the book to a copy center and have them enlarged? If they were all enlarged using the same copier would it really matter that much in the end if they were an exact size like we're used to? I don't want to make a whole quilt but I want to make window treatment toppers and am using the original size because the 9" would be too big. I've wondered about enlarging the ones from the book but haven't tried it yet. Do you think that would work?

Suzy
I actually enlarged one on my own copier....used a proportional scale to find out what percentage.....it worked...but then I tried doing on my EQ5...yes, I know it's the "old version" but good enough for what I do with it....did 3 blocks in drawing, then printed one in foundation piecing and 2 in templates...since it is almost dinner now, and unfortunately the cook is off today (ha, ha!), I have to create in the kitchen, so tomorrow I will create in my sewing room--better place to be than in the kitch......btw..I am enlarging to 6"--so far so good, but I may have to re-plan this to a larger size. I just cannot bring myself to do the actual size blocks...to small for me....