View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by LivelyLady View Post
We, too, have a joint household account and our own accounts. I'm trying to convince a good friend of mine to do the same. If we go shopping, she leaves her purchases either in my car or hers until she can sneak them into her house. She just tells me, "It's easier to ask forgiveness, than ask permission". LOL!
We have a joint bank account that I use for grocery shopping and paying the bills. Then I have my own account and I pay a certain amount of bills with that and the rest I usually do what I want with it. It's not that we don't have the money. My husband told me a month ago that his waders he bought for fly fishing cost $700!!! I was shocked. But he never told me before how much they cost and I didn't ask him. Well, I don't know why I lied about $29. We talked about buying a Go Baby and I told him it was too much money and then I went and bought the Alto's QuiltCut 2 and felt like I was doing something wrong. I don't know why I felt that way. I have my quilts quilted by LAQ and they usually cost over $100 and have a few done at once, so he knows how much money my quilting cost. I just don't know why I lied. I think I was worried that I would get a lecture about spending money on things I didn't need. He would have brought up the fact that I have a few cutting mats already and lots of rulers and I thought I couldn't explain how the Alto's Quiltcut 2 would be better and easier and faster. When I told him I won the bid on it, I froze like a deer in the headlights and my head started going 90 miles an hour and all of a sudden a lie came out. He has rifles and fishing equipment and all kinds of coats and vests for his hunting and fishing, but he hasn't bought anything new lately.