View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
FroggyinTexas

For the life of me, I can't figure out why so many of the women on this board act like children instead of mature adults when it comes to spending money. I quit a SS class one time because the women talked incessantly about hiding the clothing they had bought from their husbands--and nearly all those women worked outside their houses. I can't bear to call it a home where one adult is so dictatorial that he/she inspires the other to lie to keep the peace.

I don't know whether you live in a community property state, but if you do, half the assets are yours. If you earned the money yourself, half of it is his and half is yours and when you spend a portion of your half of the assets, it is your right to do so. If you don't live in a community property state, what is yours is yours and he doesn't have any say except as a matter of courtesy if you choose to tell him.

Try asserting your rights as an adult and if he "has a fit," call the police. froggyintexas

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I won a QuiltCut 2 on ebay a few days ago! Every time I found a used one, I would be outbid, but this time I actually won it! I've been wanting one for so long. My husband thinks I spend way too much money on my quilting to begin with so I lied to him about how much it cost me. I told him what they go for brand new and then told him I paid half that price. He wasn't impressed with that. Now I'm feeling guilty for lying but if I tell him that I paid quite a bit more, I don't know how he'll react to that. It was my money, but he says it was our money. I paid less than $180 for it, but I told him I paid less than that. What should I do? I tried to explain how the Go baby cost so much more because you have to buy dies and mats all the time but it didn't help. I don't know if I should keep my mouth shut or confess. It hasn't even arrived yet.