Old 09-13-2009, 09:30 AM
billswife99

I just want to say the 'wonderfuls' are one of the reasons I love this board so much! I have been on sites where it took days to get even one response to a picture and that feels really, really bad. Especially if you are a new quilter. This site is warm and welcoming.

I tried the PDA's and couldn't keep up. I see the difference since they started but know that you can't just abolish them now. People are home there, they have set up camp and you can't take that away from them. It is more like personal blogs now. You did say earlier that it was a place for us to let our other friends and family keep tabs on us. So why would quilt pics be a problem in there? Personally, I would rather keep mine on a blog. But that doesn't mean everyone should. Have you considered having picture albums? Each person could have their own and add to it regularly. Then when somebody posts a new project there could just be a link to that album.

I have also had one of my threads locked. No problem for me, but it seems after a week or so you should just go ahead and delete it if it isn't right for this site. I have no idea if space is an issue here.

So that's my 2 cents. Except to say that I'm so glad I don't have to be the one that makes all the decisions around here!!