Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Admin
Administrator

I don't keep up with the PDA section--it overwhelms me.
I don't post much and I don't want to take the time to read all 96 or so pda's but I would still like to get to know the people here. I do glance at them more when the subject line indicates something new to show or tell.
I tried the PDA's and couldn't keep up. I see the difference since they started but know that you can't just abolish them now.
I'm not sure how to explain it, but the idea was for people to "meet and become friends" in GCC and then "remain being friends" in PDA.

The GCC was supposed to be like a big cocktail party/reception where all the different people could seek out the like-minded individuals and then have their own parties in the PDA. I guess this is the best analogy I can come up with. You go out and meet new people, and then you invite them for bbq in your backyard.

Obviously the attitude, the language and the topics of discussions would be different in those environments. That's why we had different guidelines for GCC and PDA.

But it's not working out this way for various reasons, some of which have been stated here.