View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 03:47 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by athenascooter View Post
I am having a garage sale and have priced my fabric (most of it is quilt shop $9 - $12 A yard) at $2 - $3 a yard and have had alot of quilters complaining that it is too high priced. What do you price it at? I was also shocked to see a women about 70 shop lifting. Her husband put movies in their bag with purchases from next door and she was putting Aida cloth in her purse. If they were hard off I would have given them it if asked but they were dress to the high and driving a newer car. Would you have asked for payment of the items or as I did not say anything.
Regarding the fabric prices if they are not willing to pay at least $2-3 a yard tell them to move on. It's ridiculous for folks to think they can go to a garage sale and get something for a few pennies on a $10-12 a yard fabric.

As for the couple shoplifting I would have challenged them to pay and if they made a stink of it and took off I'd have gotten there car tag number and called the police and had them charged for shoplifting or theft by taking. There is no excuse for there actions. Someone needs to stop them. If they did it at your sale they are doing it elsewhere.

Don't know why folks think they can come to a garage/yard sale and get things for free by taking it or thinking they can get it for a quarter.