Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 AM
kateyb

I have had a great deal of fun reading all of these posts.
I did (operative word) have all of my stash in my sewing room. Then we bought a freezer. Didn't want it in the bedroom or guest room ( the noise wakes people up) so it ended in the sewing room. Soooo... some of my UFO's ended up on the guest room and bedroom shelves. I keep hand projects by my chair in the living room - there are now 7 of those. Since I am chair of our guild's charity quilt project my carport storage has 20 tubs of fabric in it that isn't even mine.
My kids keep asking if I'm a hoarder. My answer is "only fabric". I have a list of quilting friends to give my stash to if I die anytime soon.
I recently had a friend who had cancer. She had a 3% chance of living for 2 weeks, a 10% chance if living through surgery. She was telling me she wanted me to have her UFO's. Fortunately, she made it through surgery. Since I helped her set up her sewing room I know how many she had (over 200). I probably wouldn't live long enough to finish hers and mine. Now she can work on her own.
I'm currently trying to finish UFO's to make more room for? new fabric?
I just bought some of the thermo batting to make hot pads with my orphan blocks. They will go in my "gifting" stash. I started a place for them since I was always forgetting where I put gifts that I made or purchased ahead of time for Christmas and other gifting times.

Last edited by kateyb; 05-13-2012 at 06:59 AM.