View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 AM
karenm

Default machine quilting in pieces

I have been reading your entries for months - and have learned so much - thank you all-

this is the first question I have ever submitting- I read on a thread about someone wanting to machine quilt in pieces and a recommendation of a book called machine quilting in pieces - by luck I was able to get it from my library system -but I'm not happy with doubling the batting as she recommends - I saw somewhere how to add a section with the batting overlapping in the seam but can't find it - I have made many quilts of various sizes but this is first attempt at a king - it will be a crazy quilt from batiks with sashing between the blocks to tone it down. I plan to make it in thirds - assuming I make the middle first and add on the sides - have you any ideas about how to do this? I have a Janome 6600 and no long arm.

I just realized I have a second question - I am piecing the squares on light weight interfacing as muslin will add too much weigh - have any of you done this? was it successful? what were the problems? did you prewash the interfacing?