View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:57 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

quilter's Dream Poly is a wonderful batt!
and as for the bearding issue---the 'cheap- low quality batts' beard---poly & cotton---
if you purchase a good quality batt you will be happy with the outcome.
there are so many fabulous batts on the market it is sad to restrict yourself to just one.
poly batts do tend to come in more 'loft' sizes- from very thin to comforter fluffy-
i love all of the batts from the dream company- the Dream Wool is my favorite- followed by Dream Orient, Dream Poly, Dream Green, and the cotton ones too- I also use alot of Hobbs batts-
you should pick up a different batt every now & then- write down in a notebook/journal what it is, where you bought it- how much it cost, and the quilting recommendations (some need to be quilted every 2" some allow up to 10" between quilting lines & everything in between- and some are good for tied quilts, the care instructions- - you should note that too-
then after you use it write down how you liked it & why---then you will be prepared for any project-knowing the perfect batt for that particular project- every project is an individual and deserves to be treated as such- using the appropriate materials for it's particular needs-