View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 AM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Was there corn in the bag, or was it empty? these are not meant to be put in the microwave without something in it - like putting a pot on the burner, turned on high without anything in it, the pot will get too hot and can cause a fire.

That being said, I never husk my corn, just break off the stem at the bottom and pull off most of the silk sticking out the top, soak the ears for at least half an hour in the sink, then throw them on the grill, when the husks are dry and beginning to turn a light brown on the grill side, I turn them about 1/4 of the way, and keep turning as needed. They husk easily when done, the silk all comes off without a problem and they're wonderful. You can also cook them in the microwave after soaking them, on high for about 5 minutes. Oh, by not husking them when I get them at the store or farm stand, they seem to keep fresher longer. I want to grab everyone standing there furiously pullling off every bit of husk and silk in the store and tell them they'd have much better corn by doing it my way, but some people just like to boil the bejeebers out of stale corn. Probably the same folks who will eat canned spinach. Yuck!

Last edited by MdmSew'n'Sew; 05-14-2012 at 05:23 AM.