View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM
romanojg

I kind of went thru the same thing. I took my machine to my LQS for my old machine and the sent it to the repair person they used. He called me awhile after that and at first told me how much the part was new then called back and said he found the part used. It was still going to be alot of money but my machine holds it value so I wanted it fixed. It was months later and then the store stopped working with him and at first they were going to try and fix it with the new person but I bought my Ruby instead and since I had a warranty thru the person I had originally got the machine from but couldn't get in touch with at first. I told them I would send it to him. There was no charge. I paid 25 to take it to UPS and have the box it up so that it would be warranted and shipped it off and it didn't even need any parts just adjustments. I guess that guy was just trying to get money from me. It almost worked. It sounds like you need someone else to look at your machine. Rather it's the factory or another dealer. I know here we have the Sew and Vacs and a few others that are authorized for most machines but if you have a warranty you may be better off with the factory. I wouldn' t pay him anything either.