View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 04:22 AM
Suzan88

If it weren't for last year's purchase of a MC6600P it might be me. Prior to that my most expensive machine cost $100, two had belonged to my grandmother and one - the treadle - to my husband's grandmother and prior to that maybe to her mother too. My preference is for making very scrappy items out of off-cuts because, for some inexplicable reason, I find it nerve wracking to cut into proper yardage. On a quilt retreat I took projects but spent the entire time making little phone covers out of scraps someone else had threatened to throw away. I found the thought of 'good' fabric being trashed almost upsetting. I make aprons out of my husbands old shirts and am now a whizz at letting out fishing trousers using the inside of pockets or hems to accommodate an expanding waistline. I felt quite frugal until my husband bought me a Studio fabric cutter for an anniversary present; now I just feel blessed. So clearly I'm not going to come close in this contest but I'm very interested to see who does.