View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
I am curious (and intelligence challenged, I guess).. but when you call it a "corn bag", do you mean to cook corn in?? I've not heard of using the bags for corn, but if you do, would you please share your cooking method? Thanks
corn bags, potato bags, etc., seems to be another way for LQS to "sell" more fabric..........as far as "cooking" corn...not really necessary...if it fresh-picked you can eat it right there....altho it is not "hot"......corn like tomatoes are ready to eat.....In corn season.....I will remove husk, and put in plastic zip lock and micro for about 3 min......please not salt, butter or anything just the sugar sweetness of that corn is satisfying enough.....my question is how to get all the cornsilk off the cob.........any sure ways out there. I never buy corn on the cob other than from a farm during season........tons of it - for meal eating, salads, relishes, and some freezing....eat and enjoy and each year eagerly wait for corn season again!!!!
As far as the potato bags...was given one once as a gift.......got rid of it......those get microed easy enough without a "bag"......that is just me...