View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
nstitches4u

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I have not had the luck to find a yard sale with fabric, but would be thrilled to find good fabric @ $2.00 a yard. I see it here on the board for $5.00 + a yard with postage on top of that, so $2.00 - $3.00 @ least gives you some bargaining room for those folks that love to barter.

As for the shop-lifting not sure what I would do. It seems hard to believe they both did it by accident, but I would hope that I would say something to them just to let them know it was not okay to just take the items. It's one thing to ask if the prices were negotiable it's another just to take them.
Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I think your price is fine. My general take on garage sales is, it's my stuff and if you don't like my price you don't have to buy it.
I feel the same. When my kids were little, I had a garage sale. I priced some of my DD's adorable baby dresses at $1.50. They were practically brand new as she had so many that were shower gifts that she outgrew them before she wore them more than once or twice. A lady came in and asked if I would take less. She said she had seen some at another garage sale for 10 cents each. I said, "That is really a bargain! I think you should go back and buy them." She left in a huff and I sold the dresses to someone else that thought $1.50 was a bargain. lol

Norma