Old 05-19-2012, 07:05 PM
irishrose

What is the saying that our friends are the family we'd choose if we were allowed to choose? I hope you have a close friend there for you. Mine moved away years ago - it's time for another roadtrip. Your brother has no idea what you are going through. I haven't, either - my mother died suddenly at 39, but I'm proud of you for being there for yours. Maybe the care facility will work out - first as a respite or vacation, then as a long term care situation. I think it's safe to say that we will pray for you. I know I will and there is power in corporate prayer. Are you ready for tomorrow's quiltalong? I'm going to set up my tables before I go to bed. My red quilt is ready to sandwich and quilt. Yay!

The rest of you can jump over to this site and join for a day if you'd like. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...a-t189302.html

I am exhausted again this weekend. I can't figure out who scheduled the rummage sale to help fund the youth group's mission trip during school. My friend and I spent way too many hours working on it from Tuesday until today. Then we had to strip the place quickly because we had a big funeral. She's 74 adn I'm not far behind - way past being youth group members. I'm still full from the dinner. No one leaves a Methodist funeral hungry unless they choose to. Broccoli salad, yum! My huge bowl of potato salad was very good, too.It's a good thing there wasn't any left.

Hopefully I can jumpstart a weight loss with outdoor work season here. I planted last evening and this evening and my fingernails are toast. I will just hide my hands until Fall. I went for a long walk last night and was down a bit this morning. Tonight's walk was more moderate. It takes a while to adjust to the heat when your weather goes from winter to summer so I didn't go as far. Besides the closer I got the woods or the lake, the worse the mosquitoes were - first day for that, too.

I will stop at the mercantile and get some fruit and veggies on the way home tomorrow so I have some healthy munchies while I quilt.

Eat clean, move your body, drink your water and find a way to reduce your stress. It all helps to meet our common goal.