Old 05-22-2012, 06:06 PM
skowron5

Default Need some advice on how to handle sewing machine service problem

A month ago I was sewing on my Janome 6600 when I got an E1 error. I called the dealer and she didn't know what that was but would call Janome and let me know. She called me back and said it was a fuse and if I brought it in that day she would have it the next day. 4 days later I had not heard anything so I called and she said she was just getting to it. She called me the next day and said it wasn't the fuse but the motherboard and she would order one. About a week later I called to see what was going on and she said Janome sent the wrong motherboard and she would reorder. I called her last Thursday and she said it came in the day before and she would have it for me yesterday. I did not hear from her so I called today. She was not in and the lady that answered the phone said she would call her and get back with me. I still have not heard a word.

I live in a small town and don't understand why it is taking so long and now she has my machine and won't return my calls.

I emailed Janome and they sent an email that said there wasn't anything they could do.

I called another dealer and talked to them. They said it shouldn't take that long and she knows the lady and is a new dealer and is wondering if she is not capable of fixing it. They said they don't like to take a machine that someone else has taken apart which I can understand. They said give her another call and if she still doesn't have it done ask her if she doesn't think she can fix it. If that is the case they would take it. The problem is that dealer is a 2 hour drive from where we live.

What would be my next step. I don't want to upset this woman when she has my machine, but I want my machine.