View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Holice
Banned

Good advice given about finding out what the plans are. However, go thru your stash, UFO's and other stuff and take plenty of projects to do or finish. The clue will be if they have structured activities. If not then what you work on is up to do. Our GuiltGuy retreats are unstructured so each will work on his own projects.
I usually take plenty of things that I may need to finish or work on (start). Last time, I had a single block that I would never use, but took it along and added borders to make it into a small quilt. Another time I made blocks to be used as a sample in an upcoming class. If you are starting a new quilt, then do your cutting at home as often space and equipment is limited. Assume you are on a desert island and heed to have everything you will need to make a project. As I said, our retreats are unstructured other than one evening we did a jelly roll race and another played LRC for fat quarters. I gave a lecture at one retreat in which half the group was working on a specific project while the others just did their own thing. So, finding out what the planners have in mind is the first thing to know and then plan from there.
and MARK all your tools and equipment as there is a tendency for them to get mixed with exchanges and borrowing.

Last edited by Holice; 05-23-2012 at 05:58 AM.