View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 06:16 AM
cjstewart415

Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
So where do I go? Wal-mart. Where I find expanded shelves AND a clerk on duty! She said that after Sept.1 there will be a remodel - a larger department and possibly a full-time clerk.

Yes, I prefer my LQS. But ... this is for a high school grad from our church. I make a quilt for each graduate and this one fell through the cracks. Even his own uncle - who is our youth director - forgot he was graduating. So .. I tried my stash, but nothing felt right. I'm going to make a point of picking up more guy fabs when I find sales.

Side Note: I had some great guy fq's, but when I put them together they didn't feel like this young man - they felt like our dear preacher whose 10th anniversary with us will be this fall so ... they certainly couldn't go to this grad! (Anyone know what I mean there... I even started quilting it and told my husband ... this is not Garrett's quilt. It's John's.)

So ... the far right fab is the center of a block, framed with the black. The next 3 are borders and the last one is the backing. Paid from $3.94 to $5.44/yd.

Off of here and to the cutting board!
These will look great together. I love the southwest look fabric.