View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM
wantanaquilt

Default Georgia Bonesteel

Anyone on this board make quilts the Georgia Bonesteel way? I did yrs. ago made a twin for one of my sons bed and like that way to, out of practice right now. Why I am asking is thinking about doing quilts her way at least few baby quilts. I wanted to invest in the HQ Sweet Sixteen quilting machine but I really don't want to get into a 4 yr. payment plan. So was thinking Georgias way would be easy to quilt on any machine since your blocks may not be anywere from 12 or 18 inches and could be handle easily on a regular machine or by hand then put the blocks together. Just curious as how do some of you like to quilt that way? Anyway I might get a better sewing machine. I have a Brother SQ-9000 and do not like it. I had a Janome memory craft 8000 for 20 yrs. never had any problem with it and it finally it gave up, so ended up buying this brother which is so light and moves when sewing, my Janome was a heavy duty and I like it. I just don't care for light weight machines, plus when u start sewing I have to take hold of the sewing cotton so it won't jam. I just can't afford another Janome for couple thousand right now. So was thinking of doing the lap quilting, just wondering if many do her way. I had couple books on her when she first started but must left them in GA. We r going back in couple yrs. Tk. U for any ideas.

Last edited by wantanaquilt; 05-23-2012 at 10:26 AM.