View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 PM
KathyPhillips

I love retreats!! I went to the first one that just "spoiled" me. The leader went all out with door prizes, machine embroidery name tags, lots of things!! There were fat quarters for door prizes and games. We took our machines and supplies, projects to finish, etc. There were several cutting stations and ironing boards up, so we didn't have to take those. Be sure to ask, because it saves a lot of space in your car if you don't have to take them. They had a full kitchen with food that someone brought. It was included in our fee. We all took turns putting things together, not cooking much, just fast things, so we had more time to visit, sew and eat! There were lots of desserts, incl. chocolate!!
It was just so much fun! Some of us quilted until 2 or 3 am, some didn't. Some did machine embroidery. I think it was for 4 nights, Thurs. - Sun.
It was in East Texas. We had wonderful weather. No distractions, except what everyone else was working on. It IS a GOOD idea to take your camera, like someone suggested. You will get many ideas about what to make when you get home. I would love to go to another one soon. If anyone in TX knows of one on the coast or in E. TX, please let me know. I live in Jamaica Beach, Galveston. We could do one down here if enough want to come. It is a walk to the beach. Weather is wonderful!
Kathy Phillips