Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
amma
Power Poster

Both Admin and Members have very valid points on this topic.

Not everyone will be happy with whatever decision Admin comes to.
It can be pretty plain and simple.

When the board first started, there was Main and Pictures.

Chit Chat was added, no one thought they were being hidden away there, or that there was a problem to post here.

Recipes was added, no one thought they were being hidden away there, or that there was a problem to post here.

Links and Resources was added, no one thought they were being hidden away there, or that there was a problem to post here.

Members Swaps/Round Robins was added, no one thought they were being hidden away there, or that there was a problem to post here.

Buy/Sell/Trade was added, no one thought they were being hidden away there, or that there was a problem to post here.

All of these additional sections were added by Member's requests, or to solve a problem.

When Chit Chat became a problem and PDA was added to solve it... what is the difference?
As the boards membership has grown, so has the need for some additional sections. We had a problem escalating and in July a new section was added.

Happy and neutral things go in Chit Chat
Everything else goes into PDA

If I want to look at quilts, I go to Pictures
Want to discuss quilting, I go to Main
Want to cook, I go to Recipes
Want to see new links, I go to Links
Want to swap blocks, I go to Swaps
Want to buy or sell something, I go to Buy/Sell/Trade
Share a joke or pics of my grands, light hearted general topic, I go to Chit Chat
Need help, support, prayers, to vent, have off topic conversations, I go to PDA

It looks pretty simple in black and white.
As long as you title your subject appropriately no problem (other than it may be changed a little for you, if this happens, just say thank you, more people will probably respond to your thread, too!!!)

You know just where to go, according to your mood, wants, desires.
If I am having a bad day and can't be of help to others...I avoid the PDA section. If I want to have a few laughs, I pop into GCC. Need to get some inspiration, off to Pictures. Have a quilting question, post in Main, etc...it is really pretty easy if we all WANT a solution, not so easy if we don't want to give and take.

Make it simple for Admin, Moderators, Members.
Keep us from having to have another thread like this created, and having to go through another 15 pages of discussion over the same thing 6 weeks from now.