Old 05-24-2012, 06:42 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
This is what I would do also, though, to be honest, it would be very hard for me. I say this because I am shy and don't like to "rock the boat." BUT, ft it was my sewing machine, I would do it. I would also have to write out what I was going to say before I went. This would give me confidence. (Not that I would read from my script or anything... )

More than likely, you are not as shy as I am, and you can do this easily! You do need to explain that you don't understand what is going on and see what she has to say.

Good luck. My thoughts will be with you.

Dina
I agree that confrontation is not easy. But if it makes it easier, you can adopt a polite but inwardly righteous attitude, because the burden is now on her, not you. She's had your machine a month; she's given you several different answers about why it has taken so long; the machine is still not fixed; she hasn't returned your calls; and she still has your property. I'd go there and simply ask her if the machine is now repaired. If not, I'd ask for it back and take it to the other dealer. It's more trouble, I know, but you may feel better about their repair capabilities. You don't need an expensive doorstop instead of a sewing machine.