View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
QuiltingHaven

Smile

Okay, I am only in my second year of quilting but I can sympathize with your dilemma. About the 3rd quilt, I started labeling everything. Like the lone star I am doing for the first time, I have each stack of 4 pieced rows labeled and loosely tied together with leftover selvage ties. I make a copy of the actual quilt pattern directions and write notes to myself all over the copy during the cutting/piecing/quilting process so that I know where I finish each time I am working. I have had a couple of situations where I had to leave the quilt for a week or two but when I get back to it, everything is ready for me to start where I left off. Also, when the hubby comes and says time to mow - I take 3 minutes to make sure all is ready so that when I get off the tractor, I am ready to quilt!!!! I love doing this. Also, on the ones I am hand quilting in the evening, I pin a 3" square of paper where I leave off. I lap quilt and literally just plop the quilt behind my chair when I go to bed. Helps to find my place the next evening. Maybe some of these suggestions will help.