View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 AM
ArizonaKAT

Frugal means "never buying anything that isn't on sale or you don't have a coupon for".

With that said, I mostly sew on a singer 401a that was given to me. My cutting table is an old table that my son brought home because his friend's dad was going to throw it out. I do have two rotary cutters, one big, one little and 2 rulers, big and little, one cutting mat, one set of 3 pair of sizzers (cost me $4 at Walmart) and one iron and iron board. If you look at most of my recent quilts, you will find bits of fabric from my past quilts.

Now, for the bad part. I have been bitten by the vintage/antique sewing machine bug. I have a White treadle that I've been experimenting with and love it. I have a 99k crank just in case the zombies hit and I have to run. I can take the 99k with me and keep sewing. I have a 99k in a cabinet, just because she was cute. I have a 15-90 clone, cause she's blue. A white machine in a martha washington cabinet that needs restored. A $10 dressmaker that was suppose to be broken. I bought it for the cabinet and the machine now works and last but not least a little black Featherweight cause she was born the same year as me.