View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 05:35 AM
pasovasz

I bought a Brother CS6000i, four years ago, from Walmart. I made nearly 100 denim quilts (for Operation Quiet Comfort for our wounded soldiers). Finally, the machine started to skip stitches and generally not work correctly. I took it to a local Sewing Dealer who said he "wouldn't touch it". I looked for a Brother Dealer who looked it over and said Service starts at $129.00 (The machine cost me $179. Remember that I would still have a 4 year old machine even after the service was performed.) I bought another CS6000i. A few month later, I inherited a SInger. I took it for service to a Singer Service center, who also services many other types of machines. I mentioned the Brother machine to them and they said "Bring it in. The estimate is free." Back to the Singer Service Center and for $89. my Brother CS6000i is running beautifully! It must have only needed adjustment, since I was not charged for any replacement parts.

For the price, I agree that it is one super machine! Lightweight, easy to use, versatile. I sew Historic Reproduction clothing for myself, in addition to quilts, so the machine handles lightweight as well as heavyweight fabrics easily. If you encounter a sewing problem, don't panic, just rethread it. Remember to change the needle, sized to the fabric you are using, and to clean out the bobbin area frequently. I think you'll enjoy this machine as much as I do.