View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Sunnye

Default JoAnn's story continued...

Some of you read that Friday I bought a ton of flannels, quilters and cozy.
I complained that most were bleeding, then some were pilling.
I was planning on going back to the store.
But I was sidelined by sinus/migraine attack. Did nothing Saturday except take my medicine and try to recover. Sunday I washed a few more pieces in the hope that the bleeding would end (ha-ha on me!). Then I got sick again.
I had to take a prednisone (for severe allergy attacks which up till now has only happened with foods!) to start my day today.
I managed, in pain and shaking, to get to JoAnn's. I showed the clerk my stack of colored color catchers and the pilled fabric. Then I was shaking so badly I held onto the counter and told her I thought I had an allergic reation to the chemicals in the flannel.
They were so nice from the get-go. They didn't question anything. One woman carried my BIG bag of fabric back to the cutting area so it could be verified. But the manager said no need since it had been washed, just make out a new slip for him. The only thing that was ever said to the manager was that I had had an allergic reaction; no more questions asked.
Aside from reds, I haven't had a problem with JoAnn's flannels like this. I've never smelled any chemicals before. Makes me wonder if they've changed something along the way. Only the cozy flannel was a problem. It also was so thin, I thought. Didn't feel good really but I did like the colors!
So, good news: got my money back and they were very nice; bad news: it's either me or JoAnn's flannel that has a problem.