Old 05-29-2012, 05:03 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by bglock1 View Post
My husband is a Sear's appliance repairman and he works on all types of washers. I asked him his preference. He said the front loaders pumps DO get clogged more often and a lot easier than the top loaders. He prefers the top loading machines. However, he said that clothes come out clean no matter which type you use, but the front loaders do tend to have that awful smell after a while. He said its really six of one, half a dozen of the other! Lol He doesn't get more calls from one vs. the other. Just thought I'd pass along a professional's opinion! : )
For the smell you can either get the stuff at the store to run thru the washer everyone in a while or what I find that works better is cheaper and I don't have to waste a whole washer load of water to do it. I put vinegar (white or cider) in your bleach area and run it thru with your clothes about once a week. I normally have at least one load of baby clothes each time I do laundry so I use the vinegar with it because it brightens and freshens the clothes and takes care of my washer as well. I don't have any problems with oders. I can't leave the doors opened because my cat thinks it's her "cat cave" when I do and she'll be in there sleeping and then I have to clean out the cat hair.