View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 AM
debcavan
Power Poster

Default Finally out my head and in fabric

I have wanted to do a dragonfly for four years. I started designing it in my head. Finally it all came together. I have started snow dying. The background is actually blue and turquoise and green. I wet it and painted leaves that diffused. Then I let it dry and painted leaves that would show up well. Then of course, the fun, I quilted it and quilted it and quilted it. I found organzas in bright green and black along with nylon net. The dragonfly was quilted separately with layers of organza, sometimes four layers and thread painting. The darkest area on the wings is quilted with dark green first quilted with bright green.

The color in the post are much lighter and quite off. But it gives the idea.

My local quilt shop, Thimble N Thread in Richland Center, WI is going to have a display of my work that is painted and dyed using lots of different methods on the Saturday of Father's Day weekend. Some just have the color of the fabric changed in traditional quilts. I will be there with the quilts in the afternoon. So this will be something more "arty" than most of my quilts.
Attached Thumbnails dscf2054.jpg   dscf2055.jpg  

Last edited by debcavan; 05-30-2012 at 07:46 AM.