Old 05-31-2012, 03:50 PM
qbquilts

Default some questions - may have opportunity to get a featherweight or maybe a 301

While looking at the website for a local estate sale/auction house, I saw that they have a featherweight as one of the many items in the monthly warehouse sale tomorrow. I'm planning on getting there a little before the sale starts to check it out and hopefully join the club of featherweight owners. The site does not give a description or price of any item in the sale, just some pictures. As much as one can tell from a photo, the FW appears to be in decent condition and comes in a case and includes the manual and a singer case that I'm assuming has accessories in it. Is there anything I specifically need to check before I buy the machine? Are there any missing parts/accessories that are hard to obtain or expensive that I should think twice about before buying a machine without them?

Okay .... scratch what I just wrote about a FW. I think it might be a 301 according to the sandman-collectibles helpful singer ID site. I noticed the hinge on the bed in the picture and immediately thought FW :-) not realizing that other singers had a hinge as well.

So considering that condition and location affect the price, can anyone give me a good price range of what's good, what's too high for a 301?

also - what's the difference between the 301 and the 301a?