View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Im 31 and have quilted since my early 20's not as heavily as now though because of funding. Don't feel bad I was told the same thing and I hardly consider myself old. Some people just don't have a clue. I don't know when that rumor got started, how do they think people made quilts in the olden days. Do they think they just woke up at 60 and said now I need a quilt for winter lets start, they were taught as children by their moms and so on. Thats how most utility skills were taught. If only old women quilted the artform would have died long ago when those old women died. Tell them if it seems like only older people quilt its more likely to be due to the expense of the hobby rather than the liking of it because 19 year olds don't have a lot of funds to devote to quilting as older women do with higher paying jobs, at least thats so in my case my early quilting was funded by my aunt, if it hadn't been for her i wouldn't have had the money for the hobby than and would not have fallen in love with it. as for the lady part tell them to keep their sexist comments to themselves because I happen to really love mens quilts.