View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Gramie bj

Your room looks like mine does after I clean it up! LOL I do keep all works in progress in there own labeled 14x14 colored plastic boxes with everything needed to finish it (except the batting) pattern, thread, fabric ect. After cutting my scraps to size they go into baskets on a shelf above my cutting area, just drop it in as I trim. After spending 6 days straight last winter sorting and trimming all my scraps I learned to do it as I go or at the very latest right after I finish the top. I also have taught myself to hate plastic bags! LOL Last winter before I hit the scraps, I hauled EVERY THING out of my sewing room, sorted and reorganized everything! (you really can't tell now, but at least I know what I have!!) I found hundreds of plastic bags stuffed full of stuff! Scraps, trash, new and used fabric, new notions, quilt pattern's ( found 3 of the same pattern, still haven't made that one), thread, new and used ( I now have 11 spools of white and 15 spools of black, all new, all same brand and weight) scissors, projects half started that I can't finish because I used the fabric I needed on another project, 2 finished quilts that were to be gifts but where in the bottom of plastic bags with other stuff on top of them. I hate plastic bags! they are not allowed in my sewing area! Good luck on organizing, remember what works for one may not work for you. keep trying untill you find the right system.