View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 04:18 PM
hopetoquilt

WHY don't you live closer to me?? I love to organize. It is so much fun and satisfying when you are done. My suggestions when you are cleaning...

1. crank up the music or put on the television
2. do one small area at a time. if you try to tackle it all at once, you will tire and quit
3. take breaks to sew a few blocks. it breaks things up and keeps you interested.
4. set aside all the stuff you truly don't need or think you might not need. don't toss it yet but get it out of the room and really think hard about whether or not you need it.
5. ruler fold the fabric. it saves so much space and makes everything look great. you don't have to be super perfect about having everything exactly the same size when folded. I feel that those comic book boards aren't really necessary (at least for me).
6. I don't like the clear shoe box containers. they are too small. get bigger clear containers. they work better. I got 7 containers for WIP and limit myself to that many WIP
7. group similar things together. make everything easily accessible and easy to put away.
8. understand that once you have finished organizing and start quilting again, part of the system may not work and you may need to rearrange a bit again. Just notice what is not working and amend that part of it.

Have fun doing this and make it a gift to yourself. you are giving yourself a happy beautiful functional space...
Feel free to PM me if you need suggestions for particular items or trouble solving certain things.