View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 05:48 AM
qbquilts

Default I think they mate!

I started organizing my sewing room over the weekend. I've been so busy the last several months that I would work on a project and just dump the scraps/etc. in a pile and then start a new project b/c I didn't have time to put everything away. When the piles got too big, I'd toss them into a tote so I didn't have to see them. Well, I'm tackling those totes now. I think my FQ mated and reproduced on me. I neatly folded fabrics as I came across them and have like 250 FQ. How on earth did I ever get that many FQ? I really don't remember buying some of them.

As far as organizing the FQ, I have them in a shoe organizer. On Sunday I purchased a 2nd shoe organizer for my less than about 2/3 of a yard WOF and have filled several spaces already. I have both sitting on their sides tucked under the leaf of my craft desk. I've got my yardage (about 2/3 yd & bigger) neatly folded on a coated wire storage unit. I've gone through two totes and have 5 or 6 more to go (not all have quilting stuff in them - some are just other craft stuff that I never got put away when I moved my craft stuff into the master bedroom a couple of years ago).