View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
Sandpaper!!! The best thing for making applique templates and in fact may take the place of the square rulers for HST! (At least I will try that....) The nice thing is that sandpaper doesn't slide when you are tracing your template onto the fabric.

Also the old standby - freezer paper. I buy tons of that.
Sandpaper also will quickly sharpen your scissors; just cut a few strips of sandpaper with them and it sharpens them. I normally just cut about a dozen small slits across the sandpaper and keep on cutting.

I don't know how the sandpaper can replace the rulers for HST but if you lay your blocks on the sandpaper before marking the lines down the center it keeps the fabric still. You still need the ruler to square it up after you've made the HST.

I love the little plastic containers with the locking lids. I put my magnetic pin holder in it and take it to my classes and the pins all stay inside of the container. I get to my class and can just open the lid or take the magnetic holder out and use it that way. Works great and keeps the pins where they belong.