View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Scrap41

My sewing room is in the kitchen, and my fabric has mated too; I was hoping to rearrange it
and make it more accessable, but life has gotten in the way and I am behind doing this.
Someone asked about adding machine tape sewing? That is where you make strips of scraps
on adding machine tape, or sometimes they look like crazy quilting; one way to use up your
little pieces of fabric. Then you can add each tape to another tape or add sashing in between
the tapes; You can make them any size length you want to have and make them into blocks
then put sashing on each side...there is so many ideas to come up with for this method of
sewing small pieces of fabric together. You can use this as a leader or ender of something
else you are sewing. Just remember to make your stitches smaller so you can rip the paper
off while watching a TV show when it is time to rip paper. We got to see a large postage stamp
quilt the other day and she had sewed the larger area and then added 2 or 3 rows of lights and
then more prints so it looked like a border and then when she liked the size of it, quilted and
bound it. I would guess she started with 1 1/2 inch squares; I heard her say it was leaders
and enders until she had enough to make the quilt. It was beautiful and colorful too.